Job Title: Executive Assistant & Board Liaison
Reports to: President and CEO
The Executive Assistant & Board Liaison serves as the primary point of contact for board members, consultants, internal staff, and external community stakeholders on a wide range of matters pertaining to the organization and CEO, including all scheduling/calendar requests, staff and collaborator meetings, travel and expense reports.
The Executive Assistant & Board Liaison organizes and coordinates member outreach and relationships, oversees special projects for the office of the CEO and serves as staff liaison to members of the GPL Board of Directors for all logistics and engagement activities related to board service and meetings, including as primary staff to the Board/Officer Nominating Committee.
The Executive Assistant & Board Liaison, with direction from the CEO, works independently and with other staff on projects from conception to completion and can work effectively under tight deadlines and odd hours to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Serves “gateway” role for effective scheduling and CEO time management; Plans and coordinates the CEO’s internal and external schedule and manages time-sensitive deadlines; Assists in managing the CEO’s email correspondence and deliverables to external partners, collaborators and stakeholders; Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on many incoming matters and concerns addressed to the CEO; Helps determine and suggest appropriate courses of action, referral, or response
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion on all topics of a sensitive nature
- Supports basic IT needs of the CEO and helps address any subsequent tech issues via consultants
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and internal staff in ways that consistently maintain credibility, trust, and discretion
- Provides leadership to help build relationships with external stakeholders crucial to the success of the organization
- Manages, tracks and documents expense reports for CEO along with all administrative support of the CEO; Tracks and reports on budget items related to CEO; Provides data as needed
- Responsible for regular collection and distribution of USPS mail deliveries
- Serves as staff liaison for the Board/Officer Nominating Committee
- Helps with other tasks as needed and as time allows
Board Support and Liaison:
- Serves as liaison to the GPL Board of Directors for the CEO, facilitating communications and project management and ensuring members’ needs related to board service are met
- Oversees all preparation for board meetings, including meeting logistics and coordination as well as accommodations, material preparation and distribution, and related responsibilities
- Works with board Chair and the CEO to schedule Board meetings and teleconference calls
- Assists with preparing materials related to new board member recruitment, nominations, and orientation. This includes populating and maintaining a system to track current and potential board nominees, including researching potential candidates and coordinating outreach, compiling materials for new board member orientation and scheduling and helping to prepare for orientation meetings for new board members
- Drafts official meeting minutes for Board and Nominating Committee meetings; Works with CEO and board Secretary to finalize minutes
- Maintains accurate and efficient electronic Board, Board Committee, and CEO office document filing systems
Five years’ experience working with senior management, C-suite executives, and/or a CEO; experience with a 501(c)3 or 501(c)6 setting is preferred. GPL values candidates who can demonstrate capability and articulate how prior experiences will contribute to success in this role.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with discretion, tact, professionalism, and diplomacy
- Project management and advanced organizational skills reflecting the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and a detail-oriented person
- Tech-savvy with ability to troubleshoot minor day-to-day tech issues prior to escalating to external support – PC and Apple preferred.
- Highly skilled in PC usage and Microsoft Office Platform
- High level of proficiency in managing meetings via Zoom and similar platforms
- Knowledgeable in Adobe suite programs such as Photoshop and InDesign to assist with presentation preparation
- Commitment to the vision and mission of Greater Phoenix Leadership as a business advocacy organization for CEO level leaders
- Cultural responsiveness and alignment with our values; commitment to equity and inclusion
- Strong relationship-building skills; high ethical standards, discretion, and tact
- Personal qualities of humility and empathy; Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), immigrants, women, Latin, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- GPL recognizes that it is highly unlikely that an applicant meets 100% of the qualifications for the given role. Therefore, if much of this job description matches your skill set and interests, then you are highly encouraged to apply for this role
- Position is currently one that is mostly remote, though preference for a blend of remote/office work location is preferred
- Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the CEO and has no direct reports.
Salary and Benefits
GPL offers a market-based competitive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with duties, responsibilities and candidate qualifications. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter, with references, to GPLJobs@gplinc.org. No phone calls, please.
GREATER PHOENIX LEADERSHIP is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.